Does La Quinta allow cats? This is a question that a lot of people ask themselves when they are traveling with their cat. We all know that more restaurants, hotels, and motels tend to cater to dog owners more than cat owners. Today, we’re going to take a look at the La Quinta pet policy.
Table Of Contents
Does La Quinta Allow Cats?
Unlike Motel 6, which welcomes cats at all their locations. La Quinta allows cats and dogs at most of their locations. (find out which locations do not allow pets below) Be prepared to pay a pet fee (we’ll talk about that more below). They prohibit more than 2 domesticated animals per room.
*This page contains affiliate links to products I recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Now, let’s take a closer look a close look at the La Quinta resort pet policy. Plus, I’ll also discuss some things that you as a cat owner should do to ensure that you have an enjoyable visit.
La Quinta Pet Agreement
With over 850 properties along major highways and in cities and towns across North America, it’s nice to know that this motel chain does allow pets. (cats and dogs)
You’ll be happy to know that there is no pet weight limit. If you’re looking at hotels that allow 3 pets, you’re out of luck. This pet-friendly hotel only allows two pets per room.
Pet Policy Details
I’ve broken down the La Quinta Resort pet policy to ensure that you understand what’s expected of you while your staying on their premises.
- Pets Welcome: Only well-behaved domesticated pets (cats and dogs) are allowed to stay on the property.
- Check-In: Let the front desk staff know that you’ll have pets staying with you.
- Pet Fee: Be prepared to pay a $20 pet fee per night (maximum of $40 per stay per room). You’ll be asked to leave a contact number, in case they need to contact you about your pet.
- Control: Your pet must be in your control at all times when you’re outside of your room. They’ll need to be in a cat carrier, or on a cat harness and lead. (I’ve put together some of the best cat harnesses that you can find on Amazon)
- Designated Areas: Your cat or dog is welcome on the premises, but are not allowed in the breakfast area, pool, or the fitness center. Service animals are welcome in all areas.
- Consideration: Clean up after your pets and be respectful of other guests.
- House Cleaning: Contact the front desk to make arrangements to have your room clean. Staff won’t be able to enter your room unless you are present and have control of your cat. This would be a good time to take your cat for a walk on their leash.
- Hotel Room: Every cat owner is expected to bring their own disposable litter box and clean up after their own cat.
- Behavior: Make sure that your cat is not disruptive to other guests and doesn’t show other signs of aggression. Hotel management has the right to require you to find other accommodations. If you’re asked to leave the property, your pet fee is non-refundable.
- Damage to Room: If your cat or dog has damaged the room or had an accident, the hotel may charge additional services and repairs.
These rules are pretty self-explanatory, but you can read LA Quinta’s FAQ and terms here.
Are Pets Free At La Quinta
This motel chain used to allow pets to stay free, however, since the hotel chain Wyndham Hotels for $1.95 billion. They’ve since made a single chain-wide pet policy (every La Quinta Inn abides by the same pet policy)
On January 1, 2019, La Quinta Hotels have instituted a $20 pet fee per night, with a maximum of $40 per week.
The great thing is that now the portfolio of hotels that consist of more than 9,000 properties and brands that you can potentially stay at while traveling the world.
When you’re staying at a resort, it doesn’t hurt to ask if they charge. Some hotels haven’t put the policy into effect and are still using the previous policy, which was pets stay for free.
La Quinta Inns & Suites That Not Cat-Friendly
Unfortunately, if you’re traveling in the following cities, you won’t be able to take Fluffy in with you. At least not legally, you will have to sneak your cat into the hotel.
- White Plains – Elmsford, NY
- San Antonio Medical Center, TX
- Inglewood, CA
- Brooklyn Downtown, NY
- Plano -Legacy-Frisco, TX
- Los Angeles LAX Airport, CA
- Dallas – Richardson, TX
- Central Park, NY
- Florence, KY
- Queens, NY
- New York City Central Park, NY
This list is subject to change as hotels have the right to allow or disallow pets at their discretion. Service Animals are always welcome at all their locations, and not subject to a pet fee.
Before you start your cat traveling voyage, make sure that the city you’re visiting allows pets.
LQ Hotels That Do Not Allow Cats Or Other Animals
If you’re traveling with your cat Internally, here’s a list of the hotels that do not allow cats or dogs. Oh and don’t forget to make sure that your cat’s passport is up to date if they need one.
- Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- Aguascalientes, Mexico
- San Luis Potosi, Mexico
- Cancun, Mexico
- Puebla Palmas, Mexico
- Cd Juarez Near US Consulate, Mexico
- Poza Rica, Mexico
- Monterrey Norte, Mexico
Again, if you’re traveling Internationally, make sure you do your due diligence. I always recommend booking a reservation in advance to ensure that you and Fluffy have a place to sleep at night.
The Importance Of Pet Insurance
As a pet owner, most of us don’t think about pet insurance until it’s too late. We don’t want to believe that our cat can get hurt or get sick when staying at a hotel.
It’s just common sense to have your cat insured so you can properly care of them if they get sick while they are traveling with you.
Cat-friendly hotels allow both cats and dogs. This means that your cat is exposed to other people’s pets that may or may not have been vaccinated.
It’s up to you to make sure that your cat is insured and protected. No one wants to get stuck with expensive veterinarian fees because Fluffy got sick while staying at a pet-friendly hotel.
Getting insurance for your cat is not as expensive as you may think. In fact, you can get a free insurance quote and make sure you’re ready to travel with peace of mind with your kitty.
There are several cheap pet-friendly motels that you can stay at while traveling with your cat. It may take some time to find the ones that allow cats.
But don’t give up, they are out there. The most important thing to remember is to follow all the rules no matter where you stay out.
Make sure that your cat is properly trained because you’re going to run into other people’s pets that misbehave. You can’t control what other people do with their pets, but you have to be able to control yours.
La Quinta makes it easy for cat lovers to enjoy their resort. If you follow these rules, I have no doubt that you and Fluffy will have a great stay!
Related Articles On Motels That Allow Cats