Savannah cats are very intelligent cats and tend to get bored easily, especially if they do not have access to stimulating toys to keep them busy. Today, I’ll share some of the best Savannah cat toys you should add to your kittie’s arsenal to keep them busy.
What Are The Best Toys For Savannah Cats?
The best cat toys are the ones that your cat enjoys playing with and keeps them on their toes. Savannah cats are extremely intelligent, energetic, and very quick.
This breed is related to the serval cat that resides in the golden plains of Africa. Much like their ancestors this domesticated breed has long legs, big ears, and has long legs and big ears that love to hunt and jump.
If you’ve ever played with a Savannah cat, you know that they can jump high and love to hunt and chase things. Just like humans, they can get bored if they are not challenged often enough.
So you’ll want to look for toys that are interactive and challenging that they can play by themselves when you don’t have time. However, don’t forget to shop for some games and toys that involve you spending time and bonding with your kitty.
*This page contains affiliate links to products I recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
This is our favorite toy that our cats absolutely love.
- ★ You asked for it and we listened. We created this cat wand with a soft, durable, foam handle. So easy to grip and hold onto while you play. This cat wand also features an easy on/off lobster claw...
- ★ All Pet Fit For Life interactive cat wands are made from safe, durable, non-toxic material. Our 2 Feather comes with a 2nd feather included so your cat has another toy to play with. Just unhook...
What To Look For When Shopping For Cat Toys
Going shopping for new pet toys can be an exciting time, especially, when you know that your feline friend loves getting new toys. The downside is that NOT all toys are created equally.
These tips will help ensure that you buy the right toys for your beautiful Savannah cat.
Cat Toys For Independent PlayTime
Cats have a prey drive, so they are not interested in playing alone, and would rather you play with them. However, not every pet parent has time to play with their cat on a daily basis.
If you don’t have time to play fetch or spend hours playing with a feather teaser. You might want to consider getting some battery-operated toys, catnip filled toys, balls, or a piece of yarn.
Just know that cats are happiest when they have someone to play with, so don’t be surprised if they keep bringing the toy to your lap.
Cat Toys & Games That You Can Play With
Cats are social creatures and if you don’t have more than one cat, you’ll want to make sure that you get some interactive toys you can play together.
When shopping for a game or toy you and your cat can play together, make sure you choose a toy that you can throw around in your home without breaking anything.
Savannahs are an inside cat, so don’t expect them to play outdoors.
Make sure that it’s a toy that is easy for your cat to carry in their mouths. Your cat won’t care if the toy costs $5 or was free. The only thing that matters is that they get to spend time with you and they are getting daily exercise.
Both cats and dogs can tear up some toys quickly. Cats have sharp claws and teeth that can do some damage to a toy quickly.
Look for toys that are indestructible and won’t tear of your cat sits there and chews on their toys.
Just because you have a cat doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune on their toys or supplies. You can create your own do-it-yourself cat toys that are made out of common household items such as; paper bags, water bottles, socks, crumpled paper, feather and string, paper towel roll and etc.
Cats are curious and active creatures, so make sure that you offer them plenty of mental and physical stimulation. They need to be able to stalk, hunt and act out her natural instinctive behaviors.
As a cat owner, it’s important to make sure your cat has access to enrichment items such as; perches, cat trees, and etc.
5 Of The Best Savannah Cat Toys On The Market
#1 Pet Fit For Life Cat And Kitten Interactive Feather Cat Wand
This Pet Fit for Life Feather Teaser is perfect for you to spend a day playing and bonding with your feline friend. Your Savannah will love jumping and trying to get a hold of the feather.
I’ve played with my sister in laws cat for 10 minutes at one time. He was too fast and was always able to get it from my hand. The great thing is that it has a soft, durable, foam handle so your wrist won’t get tired.
- Engagement: Will keep your furry friend busy for hours.
- Bonding: This is a great way to bond with your new kitten or an adult cat.
- Exercise: A great way to keep your cat’s body and mind in tip-top shape.
- Entertainment: You’re sure to get a few loud laughs from watching your cat jump, stalk, and hunt down the prey. (the feathers)
- Flexible Wand: 33 inches long to keep you protected from getting accidentally scratched.
- Material: Made from non-toxic material that won’t harm your cat.
Feathers: You will need to replace the feathers after several hours of play. My cats have a hard time letting go once they get it.
#2 PetStages Interactive Cat Track With Moving Balls
The PetStages Circle Track with Moving Balls is an addictive toy and sure to satisfy your Savannah cat’s natural hunting and stalking instincts. You get a 3 level high tower that consists of 3 bright colored balls that are sure to grab your cat’s attention.
Perfect for any cat, regardless of the stage of life they are in. This toy is a great way to keep your cat entertained and mentally sharp.
- Durable: The sturdy construction will make the toy last even after hours of playtime.
- Non-Slip Base: Keeps the toy in place while your cat is chasing the balls down the different tracks.
- Indoor Toy: Perfect toy for keeping indoor cats active.
Some cats will pull the balls out and you have to keep putting them back in the track.
#3 Rucacio Interactive Catnip Treat Toy
The Rucacio Lobster Interactive Catnip Toy is a great Christmas stocking stuffing for your kitten or adult cat. Cats love catnip and is perfect for keeping bored cats from suffering from separation anxiety.
This 100% rubber toy is perfect, especially if your cat chews things in your home that they shouldn’t be chewing. The best part is that it is a great way to clean your cat’s teeth while they play.
- Catnip: As soon as your cat gets a whiff of the toy, they’ll be hooked.
- Made With: 100% natural catnip and rubber.
- Dental Hygiene: A great way to keep your kitties clean between regular dental hygiene checkups. (should not be used to replace normal dental care)
- Keeps Your Cat Busy: Can prevent your cat from chewing, destroying your home, and damaging your expensive furniture.
- Package Includes: bell (1), rubber cat toy (1), catnip (2)
Your cat will go berserk and won’t want to stop playing with the toy.
#4 Petlinks Mystery Motion Electronic Cat Toy
Cats are curious creatures and they will absolutely love the Petlinks Concealed Electronic Motion Cat Toy. It has four speeds that allow you to turn up the excitement.
Keep your cat guessing with the unpredictable motions. Just turn it on and keep your cat entertained for hours.
- Durability: The outer casing is made from recycled plastic that won’t break easily.
- Speed: You get to control the speed settings with 4 different settings.
- Wands: When your kitty breaks it, you can order some replacements.
Requires three AA batteries you will have to purchase separately.
Always monitor your cat whenever they are playing with toys that can become loose or detached.
#5 Kong Dispensing Treat Ball For Cats
Treat your cat to a wonderful game of “find your treat” when they roll the Active Treat Ball cat toy by Kong. Put their favorite treats inside and watch your cat swat it all over your home.
They will love this toy and you’ll love that it will keep them entertained for hours.
- Active Reward: Make your cat exercise and move to get their favorite treat.
- Exercise: This is a great way to get your lazy indoor cat their required daily exercise.
- Stimulating: A great way to challenge and stimulate your pet. Especially, as these toys roll in unpredictable movements.
- Independent Play: Perfect for the days you need to keep your cat busy and you don’t have time to play.
Some people have said that the treats tend to fall out easily, so make sure you don’t fill with small treats.
Final Take Away
My sister in laws Savannah cat loves playing with the interactive cat wand. I was playing with him one day and that’s when I noticed how high he could jump.
Every cat is different and it may take some time to find your Savannah’s favorite toy. I’ve done my best to share some of my favorite toys that your cat will love and won’t break the bank.
References And Further Reading
VetStreet – Arden Moore – Four Games That Tap Into Your Cat’s Animal Instincts – Plus The Best Times Of Day To Play